Inside HerVest with Aanu Feyisetan
Inside HerVest is a monthly series where HerVest staff members share interesting facts about their job roles and lives. Here, they share tips for thriving in their industries and things we never knew about them. In this edition, we talk to our warm and beautiful, Product Designer, Aanu Feyisetan. Enjoy the conversation:)<
- Can we meet you please? My name is Aanuoluwapo Feyisetan and I love to solve problems through design. I currently work as a Product Designer in HerVest.
- How would you describe your job to a 7-year-old child? The computer is one of my best friends and we work together all the time. I also work with a lot of colours, shapes, words & pictures and I arrange them in different boxes on the computer. You know all the applications and games you see on mummy and daddy’s phones? Those are the boxes. I make sure that they look very pretty and that they work very well.
- One fun fact about you? I love to drive!
- Out of pure curiosity, what motivated you into becoming a UI designer? I have always loved arts and design since I was in primary school. I started off as a graphic designer before gaining admission into the university. Afterwards, I wanted more than just being a graphic designer so I decided to go fully into UI/UX design.
- Did you find it difficult transitioning from communications to UI/UX? No, I didn’t find it difficult transitioning from communications to UI/UX. As I said, I liked working in the media/broadcasting space but I wanted to do something that I was more passionate about which is design.
- What are you currently reading? The Four Seasons of Marriage by Gary Chapman.
- What are you watching? Nothing at the moment. Just waiting for the next season to be released — Manifest
- What’s your favourite part of working with HerVest? My favourite part of working with HerVest is the amazing people I work with and the flexible work schedule.
- Aside from work, what else do you enjoy doing? I enjoy watching movies so much that I go to the cinema alone.
- How has HerVest impacted your money habits? HerVest has immensely impacted my money habits, particularly with its impact on investments. I love that I am able to put money away for a period of time and gain social and financial returns. There is this joy I derive from watching my money grow and HerVest has provided a great platform for that.
- If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be? Money!
- What’s the general reaction you get from people when you tell them you are a woman in tech? “Wow! You’re a tech babe too? You’re cashing out o!”
- What’s one guilty money pleasure you indulge in? I see it, I like it, I buy it!
- How would your colleagues describe you and what’s the twist to their notion of you? I would love to know what they think about me first. Lol!
- Imagine you were at your TEDTALK, give a 30 seconds speech advising youngins who are willing to transition into tech ending with “I hope to see you at the top”? Take the first step! Don’t be scared to start because it’s in starting with the first step that other steps become clearer. I hope to see you at the top!